Overview Night Auditor
You are invited to join the passionate hospitality Team at the Sheraton Denver West hotel, managed by Pyramid Hotel Group. Pyramid Hotel Group is committed to being the best, most desirable employer in the industry. To achieve this goal, we recognize the importance of providing respect, support and rewards to ALL of our employees. We seek motivated and enthusiastic Team players who believe in these same values to join us at the Sheraton Denver West hotel!
The Sheraton Denver West hotel is looking for an organized, dependable, and passionate candidate to fill our Night Auditor position. The primary functions of the Night Auditor are to provide personalized and empathetic service; to review, edit, and balance the daily transactions of the hotel; appropriately distribute all reports generated during the day closing process; and to assist the Front Desk Manager with routine front desk functions, providing a safe, secure, and hospitable environment for all guests and employees in order to meet Pyramid Hotel Group's excellent standards of service. Night Auditors are responsible for assuring that every guest has an Awesome, memorable stay by assisting with a wide array of requests, needs, and questions.
Being a part of the Sheraton Denver West family means striving for your personal best, every day. Expand your potential and build your resume by working with a dynamic team, guaranteed to help you advance your skills and knowledge. Being a part of hospitality means building exciting new relationships, and at Sheraton Denver West, our core values represent our commitment to warm connections with our community, with our guests, and most importantly with every one of our Team Members! Essential Responsibilities
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Greet guests with a friendly and sincere welcome. Actively listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action, and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Review, edit, and balance the daily transactions of the hotel
- Distribute appropriately all reports generated (print and e-mail)
- Complete audits of hotel transactions during overnight shifts
- Promptly answer the telephone (with a smile!) using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems. Take ownership of guest's challenges and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Hotel's marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, and coupons as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change, and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler's checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ensure guest satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Perform other supportive functions determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel, always striving for excellent in service to our guests, and to each other.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Availability to reliably work overnight shifts (11pm to 7:30am)
- Excellent customer-service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Superb attention to detail
- Computer skills and knowledge of various computer programs (including Microsoft Excel)
- General knowledge of basic accounting and spreadsheet usage
- Ability to stand for lengthy periods of time, to move throughout hotel, to lift up to 20 pounds safely, and to continuously perform essential job functions
- Flexible work schedule required
Benefits and Pay
- Previous hotel night audit experience
- Previous hotel front desk experience or other customer service experience
- Previous hotel accounting experience
- A desire to learn and to grow!
We believe our employees are our most valuable resource. Benefits offered by the company include, but may not be limited to:
- Medical, Vision, Dental & Life Insurance
- Discounts at Marriott Properties
- 401K with Company match
- Free parking
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunities for advancing skills and knowledge through training and development
- Sick-time and paid holidays
- Free meal
Starting Pay: $17.50/hr