Cotton Holdings, Inc., is a diversified holding company with subsidiaries that provide property restoration and recovery, construction, roofing, logistical support, temporary workforce housing, and culinary services to public and private entities worldwide. Cotton combines this diverse suite of services with top talent, innovative technology, and a large inventory of company-owned assets, to offer clients a total solutions package in support of disaster events and large development projects, including complex work environments.
The On Call Culinary Project Manager is an important part of the overall culinary team and customer relationship experience at Cotton. The ideal candidate will have a vast amount of experience with back of the house operations and helping to create menu items for future events. This is an excellent opportunity to join a family-oriented company with competitive compensation, growth opportunities, employee benefits and other perks
II. Major Responsibilities
- Receives and reviews information from Director on contracted event.
- Attends sight walk with BD
- Completes Event Workbook
- Staffing (specific names)
- Menu (submit to Katy Kitchen Manager for ordering)
- Confirms all rentals, staffing and Third-Party vendors 48 hours before event.
- In charge of rentals (Check out, Inventory, Collect after event, Inventory, Return)
- Asset info (submit to Asset Manager for coordination)
- Communicates all details in Katy Mtg.
- Reviews Load Sheet with staff
- Point of Contact for Client at the time of event when BD is not present.
- Project Manager Report submitted
- In charge of all staff at time of event
- Pre-Event huddle
- Review timeline
- Assign positions and tasks
- Final Walk 30 minutes before event starts
- Controls prep, coordination, and timing of food and beverage
- Communicates with staff concerning timelines.
- Manages guest space ensuring cleanliness of kitchen, food stations, tables, etc.
- Overseas breakdown and clean up
- Final walk of completed event
- Check out with and thank client before leaving
III. Background Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 7 years Chef experience or 10 years heavy kitchen operational management experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Food Cost
- Labor Cost
- Menu development and planning
- Cooperation and Teamwork
- Sense of Urgency
- RV and mobile kitchen experience a plus.
- Must be willing and able to travel for extended periods of time
- Ability to be flexible in schedule to meet operational needs. This may require occasionally working outside regularly schedule hours
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place