Join Our Team: Join our strong and growing company today! Overview:
The Supervisor of Dining Services assists the Director of Dining Services with general oversight and management of department operations and personnel. The individual maintains a leadership role within the department, leads by example and ensures regulations, procedures
Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule! Responsibilities:
1. Assists Director of Dining Services with overseeing the daily operations of the dining service department including the kitchen, dish room, food storage areas, and dining rooms.
2. Adheres to state regulations, current best practices, policies, and procedures for food preparation and meal service.
3. Ensures all Dining Services staff members are adhering to department policies and procedures for food handling, preparation, and service.
4. Monitors department food and non-food item inventory consistent with resident needs and the weekly menu cycle.
5. Provides regular communication to the Director and/or Administrator regarding food service operations.
6. Conducts routine audits and monitors performance improvement initiatives related to food service at the direction of the Director of Dining Services or the Administrator.
7. Attends, and actively participates in, staff meetings, required in-service programs, and other meetings/programs deemed appropriate by the Administrator or Director of Nutritional Services.
8. Performs job functions of each subordinate department position when necessary.
9. Acts as Director of Dining Services in his/her absence.
10. Regularly interacts and communicates with residents/family members regarding meal service.
11. Maintains a working knowledge of federal regulations of the State Department of Health code and rules and regulations regarding meal service in the post-acute care setting.
12. Ensures proper preparation, maintenance, and service of food in accordance with state rules and regulations.
13. Acts as a preceptor for food service students and interns.
14. Assists with training of new and current department staff.
15. Conducts in-service programs for dietary and facility staff upon request.
16. Provides feedback to the Director and Administrator on the work performance of Dining Services staff members.
17. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
18. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
19. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
20. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
21. Supports and abides by Elderwood's Mission, Vision, and Values.
22. Abides by Elderwood's businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
23. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
Position: Full time, every other weekend and holiday rotations
High School diploma or equivalent
Working knowledge of CMS and DOH regulations related to food service
Associates degree in Food Service Management, Hospitality Management, or related field preferred
Certified Dietary Manager preferred
Demonstrated supervisory experience preferred
Experience with DOH survey process preferred
Computer skills consistent with nutritional software programs preferred
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.