Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options - from rooms to suites and apartments - found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder's innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Considering Sonder's global expansion plans, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth for the right candidate.
The Senior Operations Manager's responsibility is to build and manage the hospitality operation within our distributed network of apartment and hotel properties. Their highest priorities are to take hospitality to the next level, guaranteeing our guests have a jaw-dropping experience.
Sonder is rapidly expanding across the globe. We are looking for a team member who is overachieving, analytical, energetic, detail-oriented, highly organized, passionate about hospitality, and experienced in Operations and Supply Chain Management; a true project manager at heart. This person will be tasked with growing and improving the day-to-day hospitality operations across their respective market to ensure we deliver a "best in class" guest experience.
This will be achieved by creating and innovating processes to create truly memorable experiences for our guests, while building and developing a high-performance team to execute on that same standard.At Sonder You Will
What We Look For
- Work closely with the market's General Manager and participate in the strategic discussion of our geographic expansion and understand what is needed to guarantee a "best in class" service level standard
- Grow, train, and lead a highly visible and guest driven operations team that will serve as the face of your guest operation, delivering on needs such as meeting guests during arrival/check-in, performing quality audits, preparing personalized welcome packets, and rapidly responding to any guest needs
- Build, manage, and maintain quality vendor relationships with housekeeping, linen, and logistics companies, as well as with property managers, maintenance workers, handymen, plumbers, electricians, and more
- Manage the back-of-house logistics for the entire hospitality operation, including our supplies and equipment, staff, and infrastructure
- Constantly improve our processes and assume responsibility for cost savings through careful analysis and creative solutions
- Be a master of quality control and make sure we're always delivering on the Sonder brand promise
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our HQs to optimize strategies and tactics
- Build a culture of "hospitality everywhere" among our guest operations team
This position is contingent upon your ability to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirement. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
- A disciplined worker who can DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to get the job done!
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in Operations, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 5 years of management experience
- Project management experience either in industry or in hospitality consulting
- A proven ability to handle ambiguity in the absence of defined systems and processes
- Experience with RFPs, contract negotiation, and management of external partners
- Exceptional people skills and experience in hiring, training, coaching, and managing hourly employees
- A creative thinker that challenges assumptions and wants to participate in changing the hospitality landscape
- Proficiency with Google applications. Willingness to embrace new technology. Slack, Asana, and project management software experience preferred
- MBA and experience in hospitality are a bonus
- Knowledge of the local Market (geography, transit routes, demographics)
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone, reliable transportation and willingness to travel between properties on a daily basis when working. (Reliable transportation includes biking, walking, public transportation, scooter and/or other forms of transit that provide reasonable work associated transit times between locations).
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Exempt team members have paid time off. Non-exempt team members accrue paid time off.
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!