KA! Empathogenics is an exciting and innovative new e-commerce company based in East Harlem in New York. We are creating a new category or natural herbal supplement chewing gum and candy designed to help people feel more alive as they navigate everyday anxiety and stress. A regenerative ethos is part of our culture which includes sustainability and a social mission of reciprocity with indigenous land stewards.
We are a small but growing start-up company in cutting-edge food science looking for an experienced pastry chef/ baker/candy maker to join our team and prepare a variety of gum and candy based products. Your skill in making high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to follow detailed formulation processes including levigation (fine grinding) of dried herbs, mixing, dry straining & precision cutting of gum bases used in candy making, and adding of powdered flavor components.
You must also adhere to formulations/recipes, be familiar with food preservation & health and safety standards to provide our customers with the best possible final product.
Our ideal candidate should be well versed in culinary arts with a passion for chemistry and candy making, as well as as an in-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, baking techniques and nutrition.
This will initially be a part-time position that will develop into a full-time position as the company grows.Responsibilities Include
- Prepare chewing gum and candy with herbal ingredients.
- Monitor inventory of ingredients such as gum bases, dried herbs, flavoring agents etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for product development.
- Maintain a clean and orderly production station and adhere to health and safety standards required.
- Guide and motivate assistants to work efficiently and with passion and fun to create our unique offering.
- Manage and assure production volume is in sync with orders and shipping schedule.
- Quality control of products and make sure they are professionally packaged.
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel.
- Facilitate fulfillment and pick-up by shipping when needed.
Employment Type: Part Time
Salary: $20 - $22 Hourly