The DIET TECHNICIAN consults with the Registered Dietitian to ensure implementation of the best standard of nutrition and dietary services. Responsibilities include dietary support, grocery budget allocation, client menu planning, maintaining a clean and well stocked kitchen, cooking and baking as needed, and appropriately discerning between appropriate and inappropriate client eating behaviors. This experience will prepare you to be a Registered Dietitian with hands on experience, learning from dedicated professionals, and working closely with a complex population.
* Purchasing all grocery items for facility, considering variety, special diets, and food safety
* Maintaining a well-stocked kitchen
* Upholding proper sanitation requirements
* Analyzing food service providers to ensure quality products at cost effective prices
* Monitoring client consumption of appropriate exchange pattern
* Cooking and baking with clients as therapeutically recommended by Dietitian
* Participating in restaurant experiences
* Enforcing dietary program and advise clients appropriately on food choices
* Conducting weekly client calorie counts
THIS IS A PART-TIMEPOSITIONFor a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at _centerfordiscovery.com_.