Do you see yourself as a Paymaster/General Cashier? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping, or just reading a good book, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
An icon of refined Manhattan elegance since 1926, the InterContinental New York Barclay re-opened in spring 2016, following an extensive renovation as the city's luxury hotel of choice. Located off Park Avenue in midtown east, TheBarclay features 702 beautifully designed guestrooms with 30 suites, an opulent Presidential Suite, and Penthouse Sky Suite with 1,500 feet of outdoor space and Chrysler Building views. The hotel boasts 15,000 square feet of meeting space and two large ballrooms for New York's most memorable weddings, benefits, and galas. The Barclay offers a ClubInterContinental®. Its Gin bar and lounge with light dining is a dynamic social hub in the hotel's expansive lobby. The "new" Barclay' embraces the hotel's distinctive legacy while modernizing every detail.
Your day-to-day will include:
Performing payroll and general cashier functions while maintaining professional integrity of Accounting principles.
• Complete payroll on every Friday (including wages, tips, extra pay and any paid time off)
• Verify all Food & Beverage tips and Front Office porterage are correct based on Micros and Opera reports
• Work closely with Human Resources in employee benefits reconciliations and payout.
• Work closely with department heads with payroll questions and concerns.
• Able to work with flexible hours in order to meet payroll deadlines.
• The General Cashier is responsible for issuing individual cashier banks.
• The General Cashier maintains a log, and the original contracts, of all current cashier banks. Copies are sent to Human Resources for personal files.
• The General Cashier's House Bank contract must be for the total amount of "House Funds" as listed on the General Ledger.
• The General Cashier will count all cashiers' bank on a monthly basis, on a random date.
• General Cashier's House Bank will be counted by DOF or ADOF on a monthly basis, on a random date.
• General Cashier will make disbursements of Petty Cash. The associate receiving the cash must sign the voucher.
• A petty cash voucher must have a receipt attached, and approval signature from Executive Committee or ADOF.
• By month-end, the General Cashier prepares a check request to reimburse the House Fund. All petty cash vouchers must be attached to the check request as a backup. The check is payable to the hotel's operating cash account.
Daily Cash & Checks
• The General Cashier is responsible to collect and reconcile cash and checks dropped to Accounting.
• Compare to Cashier Close report (from Opera), the General Cashier keeps track of daily Over/Short. Variances must be addressed with associate and department head.
• All bank deposits must be made via an approved courier service. The General Cashier keeps a deposit log.