Our client is a multi-unit, international steakhouse, and winner of the Diamond Star Award from the American Society of Hospitality Sciences.
Human Resource Manager - Single Unit (New York, NY)
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for coordinating benefits, payroll, recruitment, and training. This is an active HR Leadership role, taking a person that wants to coach and develop the leadership team. The Human Resources Manager assists in the development and formulation of policies, procedures, and practices to support the operational needs of the restaurant.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the processing of all new staff members (new staff member checklist). This includes the completion of required paperwork, and setting up of personnel files.
- Responsible for input of applicant information into Paycom and enrolling in the clock.
- This is not a sit in office role - it will take a person that wants to coach, train and demonstrate to the leadership team.
- Maintains Employee Timesheets on a daily basis.
- Maintains the Service Charge File with the amounts on a daily basis.
- Maintains accurate staff member files and all records and Human Resource files ensuring confidentiality (including filing of HR documentation, offer letters, benefits correspondence, etc.).
- Respond to verification of employment requests.
- Respond to unemployment claims.
- Schedules quarterly Responsible Vendor Meetings and ensures all team members have completed the training.
- Purge yearly files and store for safe keeping.
- Maintains positive working relationships with all staff members and any external customers that come into contact with the HR Department.
- Medical Insurance Enrollments completed on a monthly basis and Terminations for Staff Members.
- Oversees the administrative activities of payroll, benefits, legal compliance and employment law.
- Implements guidelines, policies, and procedures in compliance with corporate direction.
- Develop a recruitment and selection strategy to assist in bringing in qualified talent for open positions.
- Creates and implements an integration strategy that brings efficiency to employee performance.
- Supports operations and assists in achieving team member and guest satisfaction goals.
- Coaches management on handling and resolving performance issues.
- Human Resources Manager is an integral part of the business team, attends all scheduled meetings, and contributes actively with proper preparation.
- Interviews, counsels and disciplines departmental employees/managers according to company standards.
- Effectively communicates with team members.
- Evaluate changes and trends in market compensation and makes recommendations.
- Measures employee satisfaction through surveys and one-on-ones with team members.
- Anticipates and addresses employee relations matters, responds timely to employee inquiries, and is proactive in promoting team member satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Field
- Prior Human Resources experience, preferably in a hospitality environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, customer service skills, including strong writing and editing abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook, and proficiency or the ability to learn quickly with little assistance from other software packages.
- Good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality is critical.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Full health dental vision insurance 100% employer paid10 days PTO after 1st year - earn an additional day per year.