Founded in 2013, Home Chef is the leading meal solutions company with both a retail and online presence. Available online at homechef.com and in retail at more than 2,100 Kroger grocery stores, Home Chef is committed to inspiring and enabling more people to cook simple, delicious meals, no matter how busy they are.
Similar to our recipes, we recognize that variety is the spice of life, and therefore, our employees also bring their uniqueness and color to our fantastic team. We're eager to work with humble team players and pragmatic next-level thinkers to innovate on Home Chef's offerings.
While most of us continue to work remotely, our newly renovated headquarters at the Old Post Office is open for voluntary return to work. Our organization is closely following the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and will share updates on our 2022 return to the office plan as soon as any decisions are made.
The Technology Product Team at Home Chef is responsible for collaborating cross-functionally with stakeholders, engineering, and design to develop thoughtful technology solutions that provide a great user experience. We support products and technology that span the entire business - from our customer-facing website and mobile app, to internal tools that support our supply chain and operations teams. We pride ourselves on being great thought-partners and problem-solvers, and are always driving towards making an impact.
Build and maintain a near and long term technology roadmap that enables Home Chef to achieve company-wide targets and initiatives:
* Understand company and stakeholder strategy to compile a near and long-term technology roadmap
* Continually refine and re-prioritize roadmap based on business needs, stakeholder feedback, and tech capacity
* Use data and input from engineering leadership input to estimate project impact, return on energy and time invested, and effort required
* Ensure balance between near-term impact and quick wins with longer, more strategic initiatives
* Establish effective communication channels to provide stakeholder visibility into prioritization and roadmapping
Advocate for high-impact, needle-moving initiatives by continually gathering feedback from customers and maintaining a perspective on industry trends:
* Structure and build effective business cases to pursue new, innovative technology that improves the customer (or stakeholder) experience
* Build processes to continually gather and share the voice of the customer (or stakeholder)Follow industry trends and regularly benchmark Home Chef's tech features against competitors, other e-comm players, and 3P Software
* Research 3P Software when appropriate and evaluate make-vs-buy decisions
Oversee large-scale, cross-functional tech initiatives:
* Establish clear team ownership lanes and expectations as well as reasonable deadlines
* Communicate progress to cross-functional team
* Partner with engineering leadership to develop performance metrics and effective goal setting strategies
Plan short and long-term hiring and team structure decisions:
* Work with engineering leadership and product managers to define team structure that enables near-term progress as well as growth and product evolution
* Establish boundaries and clear ownership between teams
* Identify stakeholders and working partners, and define expectations for both sides of the org (i.e. what will both tech and stakeholders contribute to ensure success?)
* Structure effective cross-functional working teams, team norms, and meeting cadences
Lead a team of product managers:
* Assist with day-to-day decisions and creative problem solving; provide professional development opportunities and coaching
* Help product managers to think through effective team management, such as goal setting, meeting cadence and content, and time management
* Position team to develop great interpersonal relationships up, down and across the organization
* Exposure to programming
* In-depth understanding of systems design as well as project management techniques
* At least six months of experience using project management tracking tools
* Flexibility to travel up to 20% of the time (Operations Technology specific)
* Flexibility to be on-call to help support developers with client requests
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
* Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
* 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
* We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
* Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
* Generous Parental Leave
* Great Work/Life Balance - We value and support each individual team member
* Quarterly company-wide "Town Hall" meetings
* Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
* Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
* Onsite gym
* Weekly Fooda credit
* Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
* Employee discounts through Perkspot
* Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
* Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
How We Work Together
We are humble team players.
We are warm and gracious with team members and customers. We seek feedback to improve ourselves - and respectfully listen to and accept input.
We are pragmatic next-level thinkers.
We come up with novel and unique ideas. We explore new strategies to avoid being constrained by conventional thinking.
We take ownership.
We approach ambiguous problems, prepared to dive in, get curious, and learn more. We are results-driven, always challenging ourselves to exceed goals.
Be at Home at Home Chef
We all show up authentically at Home Chef. Our team includes individuals with a variety of identities, backgrounds, and perspectives. You can trust that you'll be able to bring your whole self to an inclusive and enjoyable workplace.
We welcome people of all races, colors, religions, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disabilities, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Home Chef is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Home Chef will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at .
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant notice click here