- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, inventory, revenue and cash management, payroll, general ledger, and income tax planning.
- Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Work with external accountants to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- Experience in hospitality industry highly desired, but not required
- Working knowledge of Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry (USALI) highly desired, but not required
- QuickBooks knowledge and experience a requirement
- Experience with integration of reporting platforms with accounting systems
- Experience with state and local sales tax compliance highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.