Great Benefits Including:
- Education Assistance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
About the position, the Area Operations Manager, Power, manages operations and team members in goals for Safety, Quality, Cost, Environmental Compliance, and Production. The Area Operations Manager, Power is responsible for the performance of the Team and the success of the department.
- Manages Recovery & Utilities shift supervisors & hourly employees on achieving daily performance requirements in areas assigned.
- Responsible for safety systems & performance in areas assigned.
Responsible for environmental compliance in areas assigned.
- Uses process knowledge to quickly troubleshoot process as problems occur.
- Works closely with maintenance group (at triangle team meetings, etc.) to priority & schedule maintenance activities, both daily, weekly & for periodic scheduled outages.
- Manages costs by tracking against plan. Provides input into projected plans. Conducts cost analysis. Use cost factors to effectively make sound decisions as well as identifying gaps.
- Facilitates the setting of objectives and strategies along with daily tactical planning, budgeting and workforce requirements
- Focus on continuous improvement as a core part of daily activities
- Experience managing employees in a union environment desired.
- High leadership potential with the ability and the desire to be promoted in the organization.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to assess risk and determine the best path forward to minimize business impact.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others by developing working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Must be a confident communicator, (including both written and verbal) and the ability to effectively present to all levels of the organization; strong executive presence required.
- Strong influence and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with strong ability to influence in a large organization.
- Strong project management skills required for success.
- Ability to manage and balance competing priorities, while achieving positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Strong team player.
- High integrity and ability to build trusting relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High sense of urgency to deliver results.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner.
- 5-7 years of supervision experience required
- A./B.S. level of education required.
- Power & Recovery specific knowledge & experience is preferred.
- Other related equivalent work experience with demonstrated leadership skills will be considered.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
(NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com. 135 miles west of Charlotte, NC, 277 miless east of Nashville, TN, and 178 miles northeast of Atlanta, GA, Canton is the second largest town in Haywood County, North Carolina. It is located about 17 miles west of Asheville and is part of that city's metropolitan area. The town is named after the city of Canton, Ohio. The population was 4,227 at the 2010 census. The Evergreen Packaging Canton Paper Mills is located in Canton North Carolina, in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, less than half an hour from the city of Asheville and its cultural benefits. It is one of the largest industrial employers in western North Carolina. Opened in 1908, Canton produces paperboard for refrigerated gable-top cartons, cupstock and uncoated freesheet for envelopes. The Canton Mill employs approximately 1000 team members and has played a significant role in the environmental and social history of the area. Started by Canton Mill employees in 1928 and completely funded by employees, Santa Pal is a tradition that last year distributed 600 food boxes to underprivileged families and helped clothe 500 local children in need. Pactiv Evergreen
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call or email . All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws. #LI-TM1 #CB1"IND1P" #LI-TM1 #CB1