Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
The Cook is responsible for the planning and preparation of meals for the client population as well as maintaining sanitary conditions in the food preparation area.
High School diploma or GED. Six months experience in menu planning and preparation of bulk quantities of food. Position requires a food handler certificate within six months of employment. May require lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 50 pounds without assistance.
1. Prepare bulk quantities of food, maintain portion control and arrange food in an appetizing manner.
2. Assist in the planning of menus, including adherence to any special diets.
3. Maintain sanitary conditions in the food preparation area and dining hall.
4. Compliance with applicable health department rules and regulations, including certificates for food handlers.
5. Dispose of garbage properly and regularly.
6. Assist in inventory control (food, utensils and supplies).
7. Confirm that food delivery invoices are accurate.
8. Supervise and train residents and staff in food preparation.
9. Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Volunteers of America offers a comprehensive benefits package to help protect you and your family, top-notch training opportunities, and an energetic and professional work environment.