EastView at Middlebury (http://eastviewmiddlebury.com) is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Dining Services team as a full-time Dining Supervisor to orchestrate the daily operations of meal service delivery while also overseeing the aesthetics of each dining room and the Bistro.
This position reports to the Chef / Dining Services Director. Responsibilities include overall supervision of servers in four independent dining areas, ensuring that food and beverage quality are maintained as food is delivered from the kitchen to each of these locations, and ensuring a fine restaurant quality dining experience for our residents and guests. The Dining Supervisor also develops and oversees special dining functions, including decorating for such events, and catering refreshments for special events and meetings in concert with the Dining Services Director.
This is a full-time position eligible to enroll in EastView’s comprehensive benefits plan.
Weekly schedule is generally
Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday
12:00 pm to 8:00 pm (closing)
• Monitors seating arrangements, the timeliness of service delivery, and the overall satisfaction of the diners.
• Assigns pre and post service dining duties to staff, rotating on a daily basis. Ensures that staff has a clear understanding of each function, as well as the tools to execute the function properly.
• Acts as primary liaison between kitchen and dining staff to ensure a collaborative team effort between the front and back of the house.
• Works with Director of Dining Services to ensure that all main dining functions at EastView are addressed in a manner that promotes a fine dining experience and serves the expectations of our residents and guests.
• Oversees server staff to ensure the high standards of quality customer services that residents, guests, and staff are accustomed to.
• Provides staff consultation and training around customer service, problem-solving, communication and other tools to help staff provide quality services to residents.
• Works with staff to ensure that food service and plate presentation meets the levels of quality expected at EastView.
• Creates and oversees the staff schedule. Ensures that the schedule is comprehensive and timely, with minimal use of overtime.
• Collaborates with other departments to ensure that quality practices extend throughout the facility.
• Works with Director of Dining Services to provide strategic thinking with regard to department initiatives. Utilizes data to draw relevant conclusions to guide workflow process.
• Treat residents and staff with dignity and respect;
• Contribute and problem-solve during team meetings;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
• High school diploma or GED required;
• College or vocational training in hotel or restaurant management desired;
• Minimum of two years’ related experience in dining supervision, including service coordination, staff supervision, scheduling, and preferably, therapeutic meal delivery;
• Experience in high quality, high volume restaurant, hotel, or residential community food service setting is highly desired;
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, interacts with residents, co-workers, other departments and outside vendors;
• Ability to demonstrate solid independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality in all aspects of the job;
• Ability to organize, supervise and delegate assignments effectively to ensure prompt quality services;
• Ability to develop workflow time tables for staff and coordinate budgets and supplies;
• Ability to read and understand English directions for products and tools and use them in the correct manner;
• Ability to receive process and provide visual information and verbal information in English;
• Ability to interact in a calm, courteous manner with culinary staff, servers, and other departments;
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds;
• Must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing high level customer and personal services;
• Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail required;
• Strong interpersonal communication skills; listening, written and verbal, required;
• Must be an independent worker who works under minimal supervision;
• Must possess proactive, positive problem-solving skills and take initiative to anticipate and assess potential problems;
• High level of reliability, follow-through, discretion and integrity required;
• Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
• U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
Apply on line today at https://eastviewmiddlebury.com/join-our-team/