Fortiss LLC is seeking a Staff Accountant. We are looking for an experienced, energetic, efficient Staff Accountant to join our team. The Staff Accountant is responsible for applying the principles of accounting consistently in order to prepare and analyze financial data. This position will report to the Assistant Controller and will assist with maintaining daily, weekly and monthly schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare timely and insightful analysis of financial balances and results to determine accuracy and compliance with GAAP and Fortiss Accounting Policy.
- Keep up to date on financial systems and data elements.
- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly schedules for distribution to management.
- Prepare or review account reconciliations.
- Validate accounting assumptions with manager.
- Participate in month end closings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting (Required)
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as a Staff Accountant
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Thorough understanding of GAAP
- Able to meet deadlines while multi-tasking
- Strong analytical skills
- Expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and to take ownership of his/her work
- Self-starter who possesses ability to take the initiative to identify solutions when detecting problems PowerPoint.
This position will be onsite at our Downtown LA office.
-Paid parking pass provided
-401k with company match
-Paid Time Off (40 hours after 90 days)
-Paid Sick Leave (48 hours after 90 days)