First Watch is an award-winning Daytime Dining restaurant concept serving made-to-order breakfast, brunch and lunch using fresh ingredients. A recipient of more than 300 local "Best Breakfast" and "Best Brunch" accolades, First Watch offers traditional favorites, such as pancakes, omelets, sandwiches and salads, alongside specialty items like the Quinoa Power Bowl®, Avocado Toast and the Chickichanga. First Watch was recognized as FSR Magazine's Best Menu in 2021 and Nation's Restaurant News' top Consumer Pick in the breakfast category as well as the coffee category for its Project Sunrise coffee program in 2019. It was also named one of Business Intelligence Group's Best Places to Work in 2018. There are more than 420 First Watch restaurants in 28 states, and the restaurant concept is majority owned by Advent International, one of the world's largest private-equity firms.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing analytical and financial support across all areas of the business. This position will play a key role in the company's financial planning function as well as driving operational efficiency through reporting and analysis. The role will partner with leadership and senior managers to monitor key performance metrics, analyze the company's financial results, and identify business trends.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this position's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Business & Operations Analysis: Lead ongoing analysis of business results, focused on variance versus expectations, understanding changes in trends in both company and category performance, and identifying and elevating potential issues. Support all business analysis with accurate analytical models, using a variety of data and assumptions, and can be easily explained to executive management.
- Project Support: Serve as key member of, teams working on executing core company initiatives and analysis of Sales and Gross Profit performance, including ad hoc analysis of Sales driving initiatives, product cost, and new product tests. Provide ad hoc analytical to support to senior management.
- Forecasting: Participate in monthly and quarterly, as well as annual and multi-year financial forecasts, typically working with broader organization to understand and test key forecast assumptions and run alternate scenarios.
- Planning: Participate in annual operating and financial planning with emphasis on annual plans reflecting critical strategic initiatives.
- Capital Planning: Lead ongoing analysis of P&L impact and return on capital of company projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in either a corporate finance or planning role, an accounting firm, investment banking or consulting
- Strong strategic, technical, analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of demonstrated quantitative and finance skills in educational and professional records.
- Ability to understand First Watch's business model through metrics and analysis that drive to insight and action
- Effective style of presenting solutions to senior executives and staff at varying levels across the organization
- Bachelors and/or Graduate degree in Finance, Account, Statistics, Economics, or related field.
- Proficiency in Excel and other analytical software
Other Key Qualifications
- Performs well under pressure within team and individual setting.
- Internal drive to finish work by deadlines (self-motivated).
- Intense attention to detail.
- Able to coordinate across multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity.
- Willingness to ask for help and leverage the knowledge and experience of others to overcome tough obstacles.
- Collaborative working style. Enthusiastically makes contributions and takes satisfaction in team accomplishments.
Additional Physical Requirements
- Must be able to continuously see. Must be able to frequently stand, walk, view computer monitors, give & receive oral communication, bend, squat, reach above shoulder level, and discern color. Must be able to occasionally sit, drive, type, and make fine discriminations in sound.
- Must be able to do repetitive simple grasping, fine manipulation, and pushing & pulling on a frequent basis.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and drive to and from work locations when requested/required.
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule that could include nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by the needs of the business.
First Watch is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, First Watch will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.