Plan and manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products.
- Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's restaurant(s) and room service to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all HEI Franchise standards.
- Manage Human Resources in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates while providing a safe work environment; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, provide open communication vehicles, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Schedule and manage the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
- Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved.
- Promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
- Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of seasonal and special menus.
- Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his/her absence.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Recently renovated and ideally positioned 15 minutes from both Denver and Boulder, The Westin Westminster provides convenient access to the 16th Street Mall and Pearl Street Mall, as well as abundant outdoor recreation afforded by the Rocky Mountains.Our Vision is to be the premier employer in the hospitality sector between Denver and Boulder. We recently received the AAA 4 Diamond rating, and we offer free meals to our associates as well as monthly employee appreciation celebrations, incentives for excellent customer service, and discounted hotel stays. Apply today and join an outstanding hotel focused on providing the highest quality of hospitality to our guests!We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.