SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
Winter Pool - Seasonal Position - Sep 2021 through March 2022
* Candidate must be able to work full time (36 Hrs. Min) for
the duration of the seasonal position.
* Full time Seasonal employees will be eligible for a Monthly Housing Stipend through the duration of the seasonal position.
* Current MHS employees are not eligible.
We are seeking nurses for our Emergency Room at Methodist Metropolitan Hospital to ensure we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
Critical factors to your success include:
- Assess, plan, and evaluate patient care needs
- Carry out physician orders
- Administer prescribed medications, change dressings, clean wounds, and monitor vital signs
- Provide respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients
- Serve as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
- Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instruct and educate patients and families.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureatedegree nursing program
- Current RN License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License(Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN Licensewithin 90 days of hire date)
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- BSN preferred
Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant anddiverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery,neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatientand outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and thelargest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our Suzell Waller Women spavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated tothe health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellentreputation, one baby at a time.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized byModern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the thirdconsecutive year as a Leader in LGBTHealthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. Weare pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achievePathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety andquality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 5 consecutive ratingperiods, as well as Leapfrog s Top General Hospital award in 2017. For moreinformation, please visit our website at and select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
If you find thisopportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review allapplications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by amember of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and valuediversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, maritalstatus, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here . For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, ccu, infusion, mhb, nurse, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgery, surgical, unit