Responsible for the management of all aspects of Event Coordination and Management in accordance with hotel standards for all assigned catering groups and groups with guest room blocks of at least 6 rooms, with or without event space, booked by the Catering or Group Sales department.. Coordinates contracted event space and guest rooms, arranges event and guest room details, and meets budgeted revenue through upselling and management of contracted events and rooms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assume management of all assigned contracted groups with or without event space.
• Coordinate the usage of event space with the Director of Catering and the Group Sales Department to maximize revenues, accommodate guest requirements and minimize in-house labor.
• Develop creative menus and parties with the Executive Chef to meet needs of groups and maximize revenues.
• Ensure client files are kept organized and current with all required information, updated in Delphi Salesforce.
• Monitor and handle inquiry calls on a timely basis, ensuring that all messages both email and phone are returned within 4 hours during business hours.
• Meet with clients to finalize functions details
• Conduct site inspections as required
• Proactively ensure deposits, rooming lists, menus are all received on or before due dates.
• Detail resumes accurately ensuring the client signs off on all details, and distribute within the proscribed expected time to all hotel departments.
• Detail function requirements accurately on Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) ensuring the client signs off on the functions
• Review estimated guarantees and ensure that firm guarantees are obtained 3 business days prior to the function
• Monitor changes to BEOs to ensure that accurate information on changes is communicated to the respective departments on a timely basis.
• Inspect the preset scheduled function areas/rooms for cleanliness, working condition and proper furniture/equipment set up; rectify any deficiencies with respective departments
• Monitor guest reactions while in house to find opportunities to exceed expectations and handle any guest complaints ensuring 100% guest satisfaction
• Review sales for previous day; resolve discrepancies with Accounting. Track actuals against budget
• Contact client after scheduled functions to ensure satisfaction and to solicit rebooking
• Ensure complete confidentiality of all VIP and alias groups, informing only "need to know" managers of identity.