Being a part of a fun and compassionate working environment alongside an excellent team
Medical , Dental and Vision plans available
Company paid AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid time off
This position offers a competitive salary
• Accurately portions meals, supplements and snacks, per written specifications, to meet requirements of patient's meal plan. Provides alternative meal options under the direction of Nutrition Services Manager, Food Service Manager and RD to meet special dietary needs of patients with food allergies or intolerances.
• Follows principles of safe food handling and preparation techniques at all times and ensures that these are practiced by all staff that assist with food preparation.
• Maintains inventory (receiving and rotation of stock) at McCallum Place facilities.
• Maintains cleanliness of kitchen and equipment at McCallum Place facilities.
• Answers Direct Care staff regarding problem solving around portion sizes, meal substitutions, and other nutritional concerns.
• Communicates frequently with other food service team members the status of daily meal requirements. Ensures all meal requirements and duties are completed as need. Works and communicates effectively as a team member to achieve success in all areas of the food service department.
• Ensure the kitchens, dining areas, utensils and equipment are kept clean and sanitary. Inspect areas for cleanliness and reviews to see all items from cleaning chart are completed.
• Ensure temperature logs, production log counts, supplement counts and prep lists are completed on a daily basis.
• Complete checklist records of food, supplies and equipment needed to maintain adequate stock levels and follow proper receiving, rotation and dating of stock to ensure quality standards and food budget guidelines are met. Notify Food Service Lead or Food Service Manager of all needed items.
• Accurately follows recipes, specifications, and stays informed on recipe corrections and updates to menu books, assist with production counts and printing of menus, temperature logs and other forms needed in the Food Service Department.
• Completes all paper work required for daily shifts i.e. temperature logs, production counts, and preparation list.
• Demonstrates the ability to organize and complete assignments.
• As required uses company car to make food service deliveries to various McCallum Place locations as well as pick up items from various food vendors.
• Demonstrates professional conduct, concern, respect and compassion toward all patients, families, co-workers and the public as a representative of McCallum Place.Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Accurately portions meals, supplements and snacks per written specifications to meet
requirements of the patient's prescribed meal plan.
• Serve meals to patients during meal time.
• Sets up dish machine in the AM and closes machine in the PM according to company procedures.
• Effectively stocks shelves upon delivery of food items utilizing the FIFO method.
• Washes plate ware, glassware, silverware, pots/pans and kitchen utensils according to sanitation
And cleaning procedures.
• Ensure the kitchens, dining areas, utensils and equipment are kept clean and sanitary. Inspect
areas for cleanliness and reviews to see all items from cleaning chart are completed.
• Demonstrates professional conduct, concern, respect and compassion toward all patients, families,
co-workers and the public as a representative of McCallum Place.
• Complete other duties as assigned by Supervisor
• High School Diploma, GED or higher.
• 1-Year food Service experience
• Must obtain and maintain food handlers and sanitation certificate.
• Able to work independently, possesses problem solving skills.
• Must be able to work days, some evenings, weekend and some holidays.
• Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Hepatitis A shot series and Tuberculosis test required.
• Required to sit, stand, bend, stoop, walk, climb stairs and drive possibly for extended periods.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
• Work is performed in an administrative office setting, and residential settings
• Must possess the ability to provide physical restraint to the residents.
• Must have visual, hearing and learning capabilities necessary to perform the essential functions described above.
• Scheduled up to forty hours weekly.
• Work is performed on-site in the residential setting and office settings.
• Duties may involve contact with residents that may be threatening, aggressive, and suicidal.
• Requires flexibility in scheduling and travel including occasional overnight travel.