"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." - Ronald Reagan
Are you looking for a career that is meaningful, and provides you with an opportunity to help others? At Heritage Communities, we exist to make lives better for our active residents. If you're ready to make an impact in the lives of others, we invite you to reach out to us today!
The Dining Server ensures a superior dining services environment and experience for residents and visitors. The incumbent cleans and prepares dining room, obtains and records meal orders, serves meals, clears tables and assists in dining room and kitchen and dish clean-up procedures after meals. The incumbent ensures quality services and complies with company policies, local, state and federal regulations and supports the advancement of our business strategy. The Dining Server promotes a positive culture that focuses on our core values of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun for residents and associates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion, Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Establish and evolve positive relationships with residents, families, associates, OnCare Home Health, regulatory agencies, vendors and third-party providers.
- Clean and prepare dining room, obtain and records meal orders, serve meals, clear tables and assist in dining room and kitchen and dish clean-up procedures after meals.
- Assist with dining room inventory and ordering of supplies.
- Ensure dining and storage areas are organized, clean and sanitary in accordance with cleaning schedule and requirements.
Education and Experience
- Dining server experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interest in senior living industry.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups including colleagues, clients and various business contacts at various levels ranging from front-line employees to senior executives.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a culture of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun and operates in the spirit and advocacy for our seniors.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to read and interpret instructions, ingredient and safety labels.
1. Must have an Arizona Level 1 fingerprint clearance card or obtain one prior to employment.