At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world's largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we're shaping the future of the travel industry.
Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Assist the Housekeeping Manager in all operations of the Housekeeping Department while supporting budgetary controls; promoting the highest level of Guest and Owner satisfaction through housekeeping excellence, special projects and duties assigned.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain Positive Customer and Associate Relationships: Assist the Housekeeping Manager with hiring, training, motivating, recognizing; coach and develop Housekeeping associates through implementation of incentives and training plans; support Housekeeping manager in an effort to ensure proper staffing and scheduling for maximum productivity; assist in controlling payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability; communicate priorities to staff through daily and weekly meetings (35% time)
- Standards: Holds hourly staff accountable to the Quality Assurance (QA) process; Ensures departmental compliance with Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention and safety standards procedures (30% time)
- Administrative Duties: Responsible for inventory, purchasing, completing weekly and monthly cleans report and assisting with tracking financials (15% time)
- Maintain Cleanliness Standards: Participate in daily operations including cleaning and inspecting of units to maintain standards (10% time)
- Reporting Problems: Identifies and reports maintenance related problems. (5% time)
- Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate Degree preferred; High School diploma or equivalent training/experience required
- Valid driver's license
- CPR certification preferred
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Ability to coach, mentor, train and develop staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs
- 3 years related housekeeping experience. 2+ years supervisory experience preferred. One to three years hospitality customer service experience
- Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you'll find a team that's inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class.