R. J. Corman My Old Kentucky Dinner Train is hiring an Executive Chef in Bardstown, KY.
SUMMARY Responsible for the production and quality of all food for company events, functions and dining train operations as well as the training and supervision of all culinary staff in accord with RJCorman standards, best industry practices and budgetary guidelines
REPORTS TO: Director of Hospitality
- Plans and develops menus for all food revenue centers, specialty offers (i.e. seasonal train rides)
- Consults with the Director of Hospitality, and Group Sales Manager about menu offerings for Company events, outside groups, and dinner train guests.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
- Evaluates food products and defines product specifications to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Interviews, selects, trains, develops and maintains a professional culinary team sufficient to meet departmental needs
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation quality standards are met within budgeted labor cost goals
- Monitors inventories and guest volume to ensure efficient product ordering
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times
- Manages product costs and departmental labor cost to meet budgetary objectives
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Interacts with management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of Company executives and guests.
- In conjunction with the management team, assists in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established Company standards.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact positively with management and staff to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, staff and suppliers
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as recipe proportions, percentage and volume.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or Culinary degree, or 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience as chef in a polished dining venue or as Banquet Chef in a 4 star Hotel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen while working. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to high temperatures and fumes. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate