Job DescriptionSign In|New User Previous Job Next Job Job Details Job Title TES Clerical Floater Pool Job ID 22371 Location Davis Favorite Job Job Summary
TES places employees with clerical/administrative skills at UC Davis Campus and UC Davis Health departments that need temporary staff support. The available assignments can be full-time, part-time and short-term or long-term in duration.
Perform a variety of general administrative functions for multiple departments during the course of employment. Work may involve activities such as accounting and payroll, word processing and spreadsheets, schedule meetings, event planning and travel arrangements and other related clerical duties. Temp employees are assigned to various departments throughout the Campus (Davis) and Health (Sacramento).
Salary varies per assignment level
TES Administrative Assistant I $18.93/hr.
TES Administrative Assistant II $21.35/hr.
TES Administrative Assistant III $24.66/hr.
No. of Positions
Temporary / Floater
Percentage of time
Varies per assignment
Yes (Mid-level benefits)
Apply by Date
September 16, 2021
May be Required to:
- Work on computer, keyboard, mouse and screen for extended periods of time.
- Operate multi-line telephone.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Lift items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Temporary Employment Services assigns jobs throughout UCD Campus and Health encompassing a wide-variety of work environments.
- Positions require a background check and may require a pre-placement medical exam.
- Must complete mandatory training within 15 days from start date of first assignment. In addition, those assigned at UCDHS must complete the HIPAA Privacy and Security Training.
- May be required to work occasional overtime, evenings, and/or weekends.
- A valid CA Driver's License may be required.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Experience providing administrative and/or executive level support.
- Experience utilizing standard business software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience creating a variety of documents such as correspondence, spreadsheets, reports, presentations, etc.
- Experience managing projects and multiple tasks to meet deadlines and to maintain a consistently high level of productivity and efficiency.
- Experience delivering customer service to a diverse clientele.
- Interpersonal, verbal and written skills to interact and communicate effectively with a wide of variety of people.
- Experience scheduling meetings and managing a busy Outlook calendar.
- Experience utilizing Zoom, MS Teams, Google Meets and other virtual meeting software
- Skills utilizing automated payroll, personnel, financial, purchasing and travel information systems.
- Knowledge of the following systems is helpful: UC Path, Cognos, TAM, AggieTravel , AggieService, KFS, Kuali, Lawson and/or BANNER.
- Experience with travel arrangements and event planning.
- Experience working in a medical office environment including but not limited to patient scheduling/registration, billing/coding, medical records, etc.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.