Sign on Bonus of $500 after 90 days of employment, will be available for those that are hired before September 31st.
The Server serves food and beverages, providing prompt and courteous service to guests in the restaurant, bar, and patio. This position reports to the Food & Beverage Manager.
• Greet and serve guests in an energetic and friendly fashion.
• Create a welcoming atmosphere and provide excellent hospitality by having a working knowledge of the resort facility and dining area, and be able to respond to guest questions about the menu and speak with enthusiasm about other resort services.
• Write orders; relay food orders to the kitchen and beverage orders to the bartender.
• Serve food and beverages and clear tables following service etiquette and facility procedures.
• Connect with guests at assigned tables throughout the dining experience to assure all guest needs are met and excellent service is provided.
• Work as team, following direction from the Lead Server or Food &Beverage Manager.
• Notice and report potential safety issues or customer concerns to a supervisor.
• Check identification to assure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
• Handle cash and card transactions, ensure charges are accurate and return correct change to guests.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
• Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
• Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate and motivate.
• Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
o Honesty and Integrity
o Respect for the Individual
o Competitive Spirit