The Hampton Social is looking for a Restaurant Manager in Nashville, Tennessee
Summary of Position:
The Restaurant Manager will manage the staff and operation of our establishment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of our restaurant's policies and procedures and will participate in achieving our revenue objectives. The Restaurant Manager will ensure that staff remains compliant with all local, state, and federal laws and that customer's needs are promptly met.
- Find a Way - We will always find the best solution for all guests and team members
- Positive Passion - We will be optimistic in our passion for what we do
- Service to Others - We will exceed the expectations of those we serve
- Respect and Care - We will be respectful of our team, our community, and our guests
- Always Teaching, Always Learning - We will continue to teach, learn, and encourage creativity and development
- Train and supervise staff
- Learn entire beverage program-inventory system-pars-working within beverage budget-staff beverage training lead-scheduling bartender and barbacks
- Ensure all food safety procedures are strictly adhered to according to sanitary regulations
- Work closely with management to meet revenue objectives
- Manage dining room service and server training program-scheduling server assistants and support
- Implement appropriate strategies to resolve adverse trends and improve sales
- Maintain safe working conditions
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding the handling of cash, property, products and equipment
- Audit inventory levels to ensure product availability, and order products as necessary
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the establishment's recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards
- Manage beverage program and place weekly orders-staying within budgets
- Conducting beverage inventory as directed
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, the appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop the staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the establishment's preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the establishment's receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that the establishment's policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of establishment policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Develop, plan, and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Assists GM with inventory of liquor, beer, wine, and drink supplies
- Ensures staff is properly trained and informed on new menu offerings through regular information sheets/education for new products
- Instills a creative, collaborative environment among the staff
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days, and shifts, including weekends and increased work schedules.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant attitude every shift.
- Must be able to stand or walk for the majority of a shift.
- Must be able to work at approximately 36" table/bar and reach 36".
- Must be able to lift and carry sacks, boxes, product up to 50 pounds from floor to waist level, approximately 20 feet.
- Must be able to reach (6" to overhead), bend, stoop, wipe.
- Must be willing to perform other duties assigned as needed.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Bonus Eligibility
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of the restaurant's trading area.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional organization and leadership skills
- Dependable and reliable
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Have knowledge of service, food, and beverage, generally involving at least two years of front-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management positions.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a point of sale system.
- Minimum of 50 hours per week required.
- Effective interdepartmental collaboration and communication.
- Development of hourly Front of House staff members.
- Assist company efforts to optimize labor & product costs
- Maintain departmental budget expectations
- Get along with others and be a team player.
- Follow all uniform and appearance guidelines as befitting the image of the restaurant for the duration of the shift.
- Refrain from smoking for the duration of the shift.
- Arrive to work on time and in ready to work condition.
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- May not work under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- May not resort to any type of violence, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test within 90 days of hire date, where applicable.
Failure to abide by these and any other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject an employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination.