Job ID: Employment Status:
at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Department of Food and Nutrition at Barnes-Jewish Hospital consists of Patient, Retail and Catering Service areas on both the North and South Campus.¿ This includes patient meal and Clinical Nutrition Services, Queeny Tower Restaurant, three Cafeterias and three Coffee Bars.¿ It is the role of the department to serve the needs of patients, visitors and employees with excellent customer service.¿ Our qualified staff services the patients' nutritional needs during their hospital stay according to specified guidelines to improve their clinical status and assist in the healing process.¿ Opportunities are available for all skill levels from entry-level positions to licensed and/or certified management positions.Overview
Responsible for performing a variety of food service functions such as setting up of service areas with food, utensils, and garnishments, food portioning, serving, sanitation, operating cash register, assembling patient trays and assisting with customer requests. Position may also perform food preparation at some locations.Responsibilities
- Provides customer service in a professional and friendly manner, and follows food safety and portion guidelines.
- Assembles meals according to the menu, diet order and correct protocol.
- Ensures work area is set up and supplies and products are organized before, during and after shift.
- Cleans and sanitizes work station and utensils.
- Uses equipment and materials properly and safely.
Preferred Requirements And Additional Job Information
- High School Diploma or GED
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer