Food and Beverage Manager - The Forge
Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of The Forge Restaurant. Manage staff, training, culture, guest flow, business plans and relationships. Oversee activities and services to ensure the department is operating to plan.
Ensure proper recruitment, training and supervision of all F&B front-of-house personnel with primary responsibility for ensuring quality, consistency and excellent guest service in a manner that complies with Bandon Dunes Golf Resort Food and Beverage standards and Kemper Sports policies and procedures along with our True Service Customer Service values.
Provide exceptional guest service through leadership, communication and follow-up with guests and employees. Identify and develop incremental revenue opportunities, products and services in keeping with the Bandon Dunes philosophy. Encourage and maintain a culture of producing results and getting things done by instilling an environment that rewards quick decision making. Improve processes and procedures to make the organization more efficient and effective to achieve financial, operational, business and human resource goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily operations of The Gallery Restaurant: guest service, service standards, cash handling, staffing in accordance with Bandon Dunes Golf Resort and KemperSports policies and procedures.
- Aid in implementing the annual budget plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure profit goals are achieved as outlined.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure customer service standards are achieved with minimum employee cost. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with Company payroll policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with operating guidelines related to the OLCC and TIPS programs. Ensure operations comply with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations, relating to food and beverage sanitation, alcohol and tobacco, and ADA requirements.
- Ensure adherence of all appropriate sanitation standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, kitchen food service equipment and preparation areas, food storage areas, dining areas, patio, snack bar areas, bar areas, restrooms.
- Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate fixtures, equipment, appliances, vehicles, etc.
- Implement and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain par-stock levels on food and beverage inventories and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Monitor internal cost controls for the department. Ensure quality levels of food and beverage products and maintain standards in production, presentation, services, facilities, and guest satisfaction.
- Develop promotional programs to improve dollars per round.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, training, compensation, and performance accountability to include: performance evaluations, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school education/equivalent required. Bachelors' Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience including supervisory and/or management experience. Previous experience in the hospitality, travel and/or golf industry preferred.
- Strong grasp of current Microsoft technologies and platforms.
- Proven experience in wine sales, training and management.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of staff/fiscal management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends/holidays.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Candidates interested in applying for this position must meet the minimum qualifications for the position. To apply, please forward a completed application with cover letter and resume prior to the closing date. Complete job description available upon request.
Bandon Dunes is an Equal Opportunity Employer