ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Assists guests and manages with the booking of tee times, and assisting with golfer start times and maintaining pace of play standards.
* Manages the sales of golf merchandise using internal control standards put in place by General Manager.
* Communicates all specials, promotions, and upcoming events with guests in a clear and enthusiastic manner in order to assist with the overall Guest experience and encourage repeat visits.
* Assists Pro Shop Assistant with league and/or tournament operations.
* Maintain the Pro Shop environment by keeping the shop neat and orderly, including the straightening and stocking of merchandise.
* Follows company guidelines for opening and closing duties, including cash handling duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
* Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
* Retains employees through involvement in employee training and development.
Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have or be able to obtain an Oklahoma liquor license
Must be able to work 20 hours per week
High School Diploma (or GED) recommended. Previous experience in a Pro Shop or experience on a Golf Course preferred.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to loud.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma operates a drug-free workplace. The selected applicant must submit to and pass applicable drug test. Additionally, selected individual must be bondable and able to pass background check.