As a Catering Team Leader, you'll keep the kitchen and catering running like a well-oiled machine. You'll collaborate with our caterers and other Team Members to fulfill each order to perfection. You'll be the one who guests look to for guidance in order to make their graduation parties, birthday celebrations and holiday meals the talk of the town. Beyond those responsibilities, you'll ensure consistent execution in catering, maintain a focus on financial goals, follow and adhere to approved systems and brings the best food and service to customers.Leaders are accountable for the operating performance of the assigned department(s) at all times. Be a Leader by representing the organization in a professional manner. Promote and develop individuals with mutual respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity. Coach Team Members on a regular basis with timely feedback - identify opportunities for development and coach for success.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: The ideal candidate will have experience in a multi-unit restaurant or single unit catering, convention center, or hotel banquet business.
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent plus 18 months to 3 years of additional training
- Certification or Licensing Required: Valid Driver's License
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, 25 - 50%
- Age Requirement: At least 21 years of age
- Your primary duty is performing office or non-manual work directly related to management or Giant Eagle's general business operations; and
- Your primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance. Specifically, your principal, main, major or most important duty may include, but is not limited to, managing your department, supervising and approving schedules for other Team Members, and/or maintaining records to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs.
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing on respect and by setting an exemplary example.
- Identify strengths and opportunities of the team and think strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to rise through the ranks and remember our people are our best asset!
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, giving each Team Member a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work: for Team Members, for guests and for products.
- Inspire the team and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the extra mile to provide the best product.
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by making suggestions when appropriate, while also managing shrink.
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the team, ensuring that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best food forward!
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our business.
- Review and analyze financial, LOB reports, and historical reports to improve performance in sales, profits, shrink, labor controls, and reduction. Oversee period inventories for accuracy and monitor weekly fluctuations in inventory and shrink dollars.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper's tables' and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.