Job Description POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Guest Services Representative ("GSR") position must demonstrate and promote a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests. The position is responsible for assisting guests at all times, answering phones, and checking in and checking guests out in accordance with company guidelines and procedures. The GSR also is responsible for completing all necessary front office daily paperwork and ensuring that safety and security procedures are in place in accordance with company guidelines and standards for all associates and guests.
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests.
- Management system. Assists guests at all times; responds to guest requests with diligent follow through. Job functions include empowerment to resolve guest issues through the Make it Right process. The GSR must embrace ESA's service culture and treat all guest and associates with the utmost of respect and kindness.
- Must be able to process reservations, registration, payment, and departures in accordance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Job functions to include handling collection efforts of all in-house balances. The GSR is responsible for accounting all cash, check, credit card and city ledger accounts through the propery
- Job functions to include setup, maintenance and takedown of the breakfast when required by time of day; and maintaining an organized and clean work area behind the front desk, in the lobby and guest commons in compliance with company standards.
- Job functions to include selling the value of ESA to all inquiries (via telephone and in person) and striving to convert them into reservations and occupied rooms in compliance with company standards.
- Job functions to include collecting relevant guest information in accordance with guidelines, probing for potential sales leads, and identifying opportunities.
- Periodic tours of the property to ensure the property is meeting brand standards.
- Assists and provides reasonable accommodations in response to guest requests whenever possible and practical
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the prompt reporting of all safety and security issues directly to the manager or to the appropriate authorities.
- Responsible for maintaining overall hotel cleanliness, including assisting with cleaning any areas of the hotel as assigned by the manager when needed, including but not limited to front desk, associate breakroom, guest laundry, fitness room, vending areas, stairwells and common areas.
- Cross training into the housekeeping and laundry areas so that assistance can be provided as needed.
- Other duties as requested by the management team.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer Paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Optional Employee Paid - Voluntary Benefits
- Short-Term Disability
- Buy-Up Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)