What You'll Do:
As the hotel's second in command, the Assistant General Manager is integral to the seamless day-to-day functioning of the hotel. You will be interfacing with the various department heads to direct and implement policies for the entire hotel. As a representative of the hotel's leadership, you will also interact with guests answering any questions they may have. Finally, as the right hand of the General Manager, you will support the General Manager in their administrative duties.
Clearly, the Assistant General Manager is not a position for the faint of heart! To learn more about what you'll be doing on a day-to-day basis, read on:
• Interview and hire new employees.
• Receives and resolves guest complaints.
• Assigns duties to department heads and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
• Support the General Manager in establishing and monitoring policies and guidelines in the day-to-day operation of the hotel
• Steps in and acts as General Manager in their absence