Join our extraordinary team today!:
Purpose of Your Job Position:
The primary purpose of your job position is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, and/or the Director of Housekeeping, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
Delegation of Authority:
As Housekeeper, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
None required. On-the-job training provided.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
* Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
* Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor no matter how minor they may be. (NOTE: Such occurrences must be reported on the shift in which they occur.)
* Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
* Agree not to disclose assigned user ID code and password for accessing resident/facility information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
* Agree not to disclose resident's protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
* Report any known or suspected unauthorized attempt to access facility's information system.
* Attend departmental and staff meetings as directed or called.
* Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments.
* File complaints/grievances with your supervisor.
* Report known or suspected incidents of fraud to the Administrator.
* Ensure that departmental computer workstations left unattended are properly logged off or the password protected automatic screen-saver activates within established facility policy guidelines.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas, must perform regular inspections of resident rooms/units for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
* Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
* Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing housekeeping practices.
* Must be able to follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixing of cleaning compounds, liquids, disinfecting solutions, etc.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace