• Employee only health insurance coverage at the company's expense.
• A life insurance and disability insurance policy are provided at the company's expense.
• Ancillary coverage benefits will be available as an optional payroll deduction.
• A 401K plan will be available as an option.
• PTO hours accrued from first day of employment.
Job Summary: Responsible for the overall success of the hotel. Meet or exceed planned objectives for revenue and profit, and ensure guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met. Assist the General Manager in supervising all areas of the hotel in accordance with brand and company standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Provide exemplary performance for staff to follow.
• Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals.
• Accurately forecast revenue and expenses.
• Anticipate revenue/cost problems and manage the timing of discretionary expenditures to stabilize cash flow.
• Analyze financial and operational information on an on-going basis to adjust business plans, labor requirements, and operating costs.
• Ensure hotel staff is trained in financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories, and receivables and ensure that these procedures are followed.
• Produce accurate, timely financial reports.
• Identify major revenue and expense opportunities.
• Accurately forecast occupancy changes based on changing market conditions (i.e. increased competition).
• Achievement of revenue and cost objectives.
Human Resource Management
• Manage human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, and performance planning and evaluation. Implement reward programs to maintain a qualified work force.
• Maintain a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
• Ensure all hotel employees know hotel objectives.
• Ensure personnel files are accurate and comply with local and federal laws and company regulations.
• Administer personnel policies, pay procedures, and benefits.
• Ensure training objectives and development plans are completed.
• Maintain guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel.
• Personally demonstrate a commitment to guest service by responding to guests' needs.
• Ensure all hotel staff, including new hires, knows all components/features of our guest service guarantee and are trained to meet and exceed service standards.
• Develop added value customer service programs.
• Recognize good team performance on a continuous basis through reward and recognition.
• Ensure the delivery of consistent guest service.
• Be aware of current guest service scores, and be able to understand guest comments and needs. Be an active participant in achieving the GSS goals of the hotel.
• Know local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
• Ensure all employees complete departmental checklists and are correct and filed.
• Recognize and correct potential safety hazards, such as broken doors or railings, fire hazards, etc.
• Recognize and correct potential security problems, such as locking doors after hours, etc.
• Understand and follow policies and procedures for the hotel's key control system and ensure the entire staff is trained and follow the procedures.
• Maintain physical product standards by managing preventative maintenance programs and by scheduling deep-clean activities.
• Ensure ongoing staff involvement in preventative maintenance programs. Protect the interests of the hotel during capital projects.
Marketing and Sales Management
• Develop and implement marketing and sales plans based on demand segments to maximize RevPAR and market share.
• Ensure that marketing and sales plans are appropriate for each sales period, including special plans to maximize room revenue during forecasted low occupancy periods.
• Know key accounts and actively "sells" through sales calls, property tours, etc.