Cozy, neighborhood bar with comfort eats made from scratch.
A bartender is responsible for providing a positive and friendly guest experience by interacting with patrons while satisfying their beverage needs. An understanding of mixing beverages using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar, and fruits is an integral part of the job. Taking beverage orders from customers and wait staff and serving drinks as requested, paying extreme attention to detail is vitally important to the success of the restaurant.
- Balancing cash receipts
- Keeping a well-stocked bar with an adequate supply of liquor, beer, wine, mixers, ice, napkins, straws, glassware, and other accessories
- Cleaning the bar, tables, chairs, and work area to maintain a sanitary environment
- Organizing the bar area to streamline drink preparation and inventory
- Placing orders for liquor, beer, wine, and other supplies
- Slicing, pitting, and preparing fruit garnishes for drinks
- Planning bar menus
- Creating unique drinks
- Preparing and serving appetizers, snacks, or other food items for customers at the bar
- Complying with all food and beverage regulations
- Limiting customer problems by restricting alcohol intake and attempting to curtail inappropriate behaviour
- Checking identification to verify legal age requirements for all customers
- Satisfying patron requests in a timely manner.
- Assessing customer preferences and making drink recommendations.
- Collecting money for drinks served and providing change as needed
- Training or Experience with Bartending
- Extensive Knowledge of Drink Mixing and Garnishing
- Strong Communication Skills
- Positive Attitude and personable demeanour
- Ability to multitask and provide attention to detail
- Ability to Stand for Long Periods
- Strong Observational Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Computer Literacy
- Second Language a Plus