Snooze - Who Are We?
Morning people! Yes, we are those people. We are a full-service breakfast restaurant, and we want each morning to feel like your weekend and happy hour rolled into one - no matter which side of noon it's on. We're the place where you can be you, and where our regulars are anything but. Everyone's welcome at our table, because the same goes for our people as it does for our dishes: the unexpected twists are what makes them so special.
The Head Chef Role at Snooze
As Snooze Head Chef , you are ultimately responsible for ensuring the highest quality of food and standards in and out of the kitchen. Your primary duties include leading all kitchen functions involving food purchasing, storage and inventory, preparation and overall adherence to Snooze quality, methods and safety and sanitation standards. You are the leader in training all Snoozers in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and cleanliness. It is your responsibility to efficiently staff and schedule your kitchen adequately to facilitate preparation and execute production while maintaining standard labor costs. Your ultimate goal is to maintain the "WOW" factor of Snooze food, while creating an environment that fosters creativity, education, and personal development.
- No late nights-you'll be home by dinner time every night!
- Weekly pay and competitive hourly rates
- Competitive Basic Health, Dental, Visions, Pet and Accident Insurance Plans
- Employer paid Short Term disability and Life Insurance Plans
- 401k/Roth 401k Plans
- 120 Hours (15 days) of vacation time accrued per year and paid at a regular rate
- 40 Hours (5 days) of paid sick time paid at regular rate per year
- Four (4) Paid Holidays
- 8 Hours (1 day) of paid community volunteer time paid at regular rate per year
- 100% paid meal benefits
- Other benefits including potential field trips, community engagement, and personal and professional growth
- Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day to spend time with family and friends.
- The opportunity for development and advancement opportunities.
- Unlimited dance parties!
The Position Specifics
- Accurately manage all Heart of House Snoozers to ensure adherence to all Snooze policy, efficient, careful and effective use of time and overall creation of a happy kitchen serving the best Snooze food every day.
- Be knowledgeable of Snooze policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Maintain quality standards according to the guidelines of Snooze Food, ensuring the best possible product goes in and out the kitchen doors.
- Assist the GM and management team in making employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, reviewing, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Properly train all Heart of House Snoozers about the practices regarding cleanliness, sanitation, equipment safety and proper kitchen tool usage.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including inventory, ordering, forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and preventative maintenance plans.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper and responsible requisition of products from vendors, organized product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control efforts.
- Control labor cost by scheduling based upon forecasted sales, positions needed, and proper time management.
- Lead the instruction and training of Snooze basic safety and sanitation procedures and guidelines to all staff.
- Create a fun, safe and rewarding work environment for all Snooze kitchen employees.
Is this the role for you?
Head Chefs at Snooze...
- Must be 21 years of age and be authorized to work in the United States.
- Have knowledge of food, beverage, and service generally involving at least 3+ years of operations and leadership experience.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and can operate a cash register and Point of Sale system. Must also be able to communicate and understand the predominant language (s) of the restaurant's trading area.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours) and have the stamina to work 50 to 55 hours per week.
Let's talk about safety
Your safety is our #1 priority. Because of that, it is every Snoozer's responsibility to ensure cleanliness, sanitation, and safety within our restaurants. We hold both Snoozers and guests accountable to our Safety Guidelines. We require daily wellness checks from all Snoozers and are committed to a safe working environment.
Snooze is an Equal Opportunity Employer