Purpose of the Job:
The overall purpose of this job is to assist the Executive Chef in providing residents the best possible dining experience. The responsibilities of this job include helping with event planning, writing menus, managing inventory, and running the kitchen when the Executive Chef is gone. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Writes weekly and special event menus.
- Prepares nutritious and delicious food for residents.
- Apportions and presents food in an appealing manner.
- Challenges Cooks with new and interesting food preparation methods.
- Cleans kitchen.
- Orders food and supplies.
- Codes and reconciles invoices.
- Visits with and listens to residents daily regarding their opinions of meals and their recommendations.
- Follows-up with residents regarding their opinion of the food.
- Supervises kitchen staff.
- Manages the kitchen when the Executive Chef is gone.
- Assists with special events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Associate's degree in Culinary Arts or trade/ vocational school degree in Culinary Arts is required.
- Advanced certification or degree in Culinary Arts is desirable.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- One (1) year of experience in the role of chef is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Food Handler certificate is preferred.
- Serve Safe certification is preferred.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of the kitchen's ordering process.
- Knowledge of budget processes and principles.
- Knowledge of cooking methods.
- Skills in verbally communicating professionally and effectively.
- Skills in safely handling food.
- Skills in cooking food to appropriate temperature, consistency, and texture.
- Skills in operating a computer.
- Ability to follow recipes.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to relate to residents and staff.