Line Cook - Full Time Shift!
Pay - $17-18/ hour
Come join The Shores kitchen team where you will feel your opinion and creativity counts when you are part of our team. Immanuel invests in each one of our employees careers and encourages growth and provides opportunities!
Most Popular Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Time Off!
- Schedule: 6-2pm or 10:30 7pm (7pm is a late night for us!)
- Upfront Tuition Assistance: Up to $5,250/ year
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities!
- Generous 401k and H.S.A. match money!
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Prepares nutritious and delicious food for residents.
- Apportions and presents food in an appealing manner.
- Cleans, cuts, and cooks meat, fish, and poultry.
- Bakes breads, rolls, and other pastries.
- Prepares food following recipes and special dietary restrictions.
- Cleans and inspects galley equipment and appliances.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas including surfaces, towels, utensils, and dispensers.
- Maintains safety of work areas.
- Maintains stock in kitchen and food prep areas.
- Assists with food prep as needed.
- Follows all procedures and regulations as written by management
- Carries out heavy cleaning of kitchen areas as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Culinary Trade or Vocational Schooling is preferred.
- One (1) year of culinary experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Food Handler certificate is preferred.
- Serve Safe certificate is preferred.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of the kitchen's ordering process.
- Knowledge of food handlers' regulations and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of sanitation requirements.
- Knowledge of State safety standards.
- Skills in using various kitchen utensils and cooking methods.
- Skills in safely handling food.
- Skills in cooking food to appropriate temperature, consistency, and texture.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to follow recipes.