The overall purpose of this job is to serve meals to the residents in a professional manner. The primary responsibilities of this job include working independently as a lead within the dining room services during daytime shifts. Prepares tables for meals, refilling containers, clearing dishes, handling food safely, attending to residents' needs, taking phone orders, and ensuring other servers are completing tasks in a timely and appropriate manner. Facilitates a pleasant dining experience for the residents and guests who dine at the community. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Dining Preparation and Maintenance
- Prepares dining room for meals, sets table, and refills juices, waters, sugar, and creamer containers.
- Clears dishes and cleans tables.
- Maintains clean, safe environment for residents and co-workers.
- F ollows all serving procedures and regulations as written by management.
- Takes phone orders. Ensures the delivery and/or pick-up of food trays to/from resident apartments
- Describes daily meals to residents, takes orders, and serves in a timely manner.
- Identifies and acts-on the needs of residents. Observes diners and replenishes dishes.
- Models serving procedures and regulations for Servers as written by management.
- Acts as back-up in absence of Dining Room Manager.
- Takes the lead on daily activities, working independently with minimal direction.
- May oversee special projects or areas of food preparation for individual development.
- Trains, coaches, and monitors progress of new servers.
- Ensures servers are completing their tasks in a timely and thorough manner.
- Communicates any changes/information with Dining Room Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED is preferred.
- One (1) year dining room serving experience is required.
- Food handler certificate is to be obtained within six (6) months on the job.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of food handlers' regulations and responsibilities.
- Skills in providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to verbally communicate in an effective and professional manner.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to carry moderately heavy containers of food, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to serve residents in a courteous manner.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of residents and co-workers.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions as written by management.
- Ability to meet all safety and sanitation guidelines as written by Immanuel.
- Ability to treat all types of people with compassion.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.