Eating is a necessity by cooking is an art! We are looking for cooks to join our talented and creative culinary teams. This fantastic opportunity will allow you to learn from some of the best chefs in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area! With multiple outlets between Harrah's and Horseshoe Council Bluffs, there will be no shortage of learning opportunities. From casual to fine dining, we have it all and it's waiting for you!
Full time with great benefits, plus a $500 hiring bonus:
- $250 after successfully completing 30 days of employment;
- $250 after successfully completing 90 days of employment
Benefits include health insurance (based on full-time status), tuition reimbursement (based on full-time status), free meals, free parking, employee activities, and more! All employees are able to enjoy free meals in our employee dining room while on shift. This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of beverages.
360 Steakhouse is an elegant, mouth-watering culinary treasure with a distinctive menu of extraordinary appetizers, steaks, seafood and other house specialties.
- Following standard recipe and preparation methods as established while maintaining aclean, orderly work place and clean immediate area after completing a task.
- Ensuring that reach-in and walk-in refrigeration is clean and orderly, as is all other storage areas.
- Adhere tosafety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Present food according to plating specifications while ensuring that high quality andproductivity standards will be strictly maintained; ensuring specified portions will be used in all preparations.
- Maintain a clean, professional appearance and greet guests in a friendly, positive manner.
- Conducting self in manner that reflects credit on Harrah's and Horseshoe while encouraging others to do the same.
- Minimum of 6 months service as a Cook's Helper.
- Have high quality standards.
- Be reliable.
- Hard- working.
- Able to communicate effectively with service staff, other cooks, and cook's helpers.
- Must be able to prepare food items on a consistent basis.
- Ability to stand and walk, and mobility to move easily around entire property for entire shift. Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.