Sales Manager at Old Edwards Inn Old Edwards Inn and Spa, a Four-Star luxury resort in the mountains of Western North Carolina, is seeking a Sales and Catering Assistant. If you have skills, experience, passion and the demeanor to serve as part of an award-winning guest-services team in a world-class luxury hospitality environment, you could be a candidate for this position. Our ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in handling his or herself in a high-end hospitality environment. Old Edwards Inn and Spa is set in the resort town of Highlands, North Carolina. It is on Travel and Leisure's World's Best list and on Condé Nast Traveler's Gold List. One of the key reasons for these awards-as well as for our consistently amazing TripAdvisor rankings-is our staff.
• High school diploma/ G.E.D required o 4 year degree preferred
• Hotel Sales experience required o 4 years experience preferred
• Current and valid driver's license
• Proven Leadership Skills
• Ability to work as a team while also capable of working independently and take initiative
• Two to three years experience in catering or sales preferred
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe, Springer Millers Systems, Delphi, Social Tables), familiarity with Delphi, and Power BEO is essential but not required
• Organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize is crucial
• Understand Marketing opportunities and Driving Revenue
• Proven excellent oral and written communication skills
• Professional appearance and positive attitude
Working Conditions: This position can be extremely busy, chaotic at times and even stressful. The ability to prioritize, multi-task and remain calm under pressure is a necessary job requirement. It is the Special Events Coordinators job to assist in making sure all events are running smoothly, all corporate clients are taken care of, and all groups in-house have everything that they need or request with a sense of urgency. The Culture of the department and its success hinges on all of the team members working together at all times. We are only looking for a candidate that is a team player. Overall, while the job is stressful at times, the job is extremely rewarding and can help prepare you for moving up in the hospitality sales industry.
Job Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Having people skills and being comfortable working in front of groups and on the phone with clients is an essential attribute that a candidate should possess.
• Meet or exceed personal Sales goal
• Work with the team to meet or exceed the budgeted annual sales goal
• Act as liaison between the client, sales manager and the property coordinating with each department as to their specific role in the on-site event.
• Prepare communication reports for various departments on a daily/ weekly basis.
• Respond to clients, vendors, and staff needs in a courteous professional time frame and manner. Responsible for the effective review, planning, communication, coordination and execution of contractual terms, i.e. B.E.O., Resumes and reports of all assigned files in compliance with all checklists, approved standards and policies for assigned market segment
• Have an outstanding ability to self manage yourself and prioritize workload
• Responsible for maintenance, retention and enhancement of all aspects of revenue management for the group including, room block management, meeting room rental and exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process
• Schedule and participate in and/ or conduct pre-conference meetings, post-event master account review meetings with appropriate staff and customer in compliance with established property guidelines
• Ability to manage the assigned workload to not only handle typical file planning activity for future meeting/events, but simultaneously and successfully handle groups which have catering, activity and accommodation needs
• Generate new accounts and maintain existing accounts
• Utilize Delphi software system to process accounts, bookings, meeting space requirements, banquet event orders and enter activities
• Provide information concerning various amenities and off-site attractions to clients
• Conduct Sales calls when needed by telephone, Internet, and in person to promote the property and respond to inquires, while also conducting site tours
• Plan and conduct site visits, board meetings and planning meetings for potential and definite groups.
• Have a creative aesthetic and overview to be able to meet the clients needs in all of our many venues in new ways
• Be a participative member of the team by volunteering and being involved in projects, committees, and task forces by providing input and suggestions within the structure of the company
• Be proactive with incidents and issues ensuring immediate resolution with clients, guests and fellow employees
• Adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies in an ethical manner
• Exhibit sound decision-making, motivation, high morale and top box behaviors
• Demonstrate high levels of quality service and service skills on a consistent basis both with internal and external clients
• Delight our guests both internal and external with outstanding service
• Conduct special projects when asked and finish on the assigned deadline
• Maintain the required confidential nature of any situation being handled
• Conduct post event meetings to seek improvement opportunities
• Have fun!
A hallmark of this job is that during certain points of the year it will mean working occasional long days and sometimes even a long work week even possibly without a day off. It is critical that the candidate be WILLING and ABLE to work a flexible schedule, and pitch in whenever needed. Please note that this includes most weekends throughout the year, early mornings, late evenings and some holidays.
If you love coming to work every day because of your ability and desire to positively impact people's lives and holiday memories with your warmth, caring and genuine passion for serving others, then you would be a great fit with our team. The perfect successful Sales Manager candidate displays a demeanor of calm control throughout any situation whether it is a guest with an immediate or unusual request or any number of other spontaneous occurrences that happen in the hospitality business every day. You pride yourself on smoothly, discreetly and efficiently handling challenges, all the while making the guests feel like they are the center of your world. If you pride yourself on reading people and tailoring your communication style and demeanor to match what they need when they arrive and throughout their stay, then Old Edwards might be the perfect environment for you. Old Edwards is a privately owned, golf and spa resort with a close-knit family culture. We offer a competitive benefits package, as well as subsidized employee housing options, employee trips and activities, employee use of amenities during designated times/dates/seasons of the year, and employee discounts at the respective venues. Highlands is a haven for mountain recreation, private golf clubs, shopping, dining, live music and arts in the scenic southwest corner of North Carolina. If you have values of service, honestly, integrity, and a passion for what you do, we encourage you to apply for the position and become an integral part of our family at Old Edwards Inn & Spa.