Some of our benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, $500 hiring bonus & Free Golf (some restrictions apply)
To provide a professional and courteous shuttle service and transportation for Ranch at Laguna Beach Associates and guests to designated parking locations and guests to desired destinations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Shuttle associates and guests on and off property in hotel vehicles and golf carts to their desired destinations.
* Maintain continual contact with Guest Services via radio.
* Remain aware of overall parking situation (# of spots available, current venue, traffic delays, road hazards)Open and close shuttle doors for guests at pick up and drop off.
* Remain compliant of all local and state traffic and roadway laws while on duty.
* Park associates cars, conducting vehicle damage checks.
* Maintain cleanliness of all vehicles used for transporting associates and guests.
* Report any safety hazards or vehicle service indicators related to the shuttle (check engine light, low tire pressure, etc.)Ensure proper etiquette when driving through property including, keeping speed, music and loud noises at minimum.
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned as required in addition to the principle duties outlined above.
In addition, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of The Ranch:
* Shuttle guests and associates in golf carts around the resort and to and from the beach and to work locations.
* Deliver amenities and packages to guests as needed.
* Assist with additional requests as needed per management.
Experience and Skills:
Requirements for the position
Education and Licensing:
High school or equivalent education required. Valid state driver's license required. Must have clean driving record and be at age of 21 or older.
Skills and Experience:
Prior experience as a shuttle driver or valet and customer experience required. Ability to operate all types of passenger vehicles (manual and automatic) required.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per The Ranch standards.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Knowledge of the city, particularly tourist attractions.
* Must have satisfactory driving record.
* Knowledge of The Ranch operations, its services, and facilities.
Most work tasks are performed outdoors. There is no effective protection from weather.
The position requires standing, driving and getting in and out of vehicles most of the day. Must be able to stand or drive and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
* Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
* Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and luggage handling tasks.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other team members.
* Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
* Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Regular attendance is essential to the successful performance of this position. Irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the fluctuation in business levels in the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of The Ranch. In addition, attendance is required at all scheduled training sessions and meetings.
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of The Ranch's facilities. Team members who violate The Ranch rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
This description is intended to indicate the typical kinds of tasks and levels of difficulty that are required of positions given this title. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of team members under his/her supervision.
Flexibility with working hours and on-call rotation.