King's Fish House wants to "Welcome You to the House that Seafood Built". With our embodiment of hospitality from the heart and spectacular seafood dishes to delight our Guests, come join our world-class team!
We keep it reel! Free shift meals, premium benefits, an amazing culinary family, growth opportunities, and more! Are you hooked yet?
What do we bring to the table?
- Growth Opportunities
- Great training and commitment to promotions from within!
- Teamwork / Flexible Hours
- Education Reimbursement
- Generous Dining Discount
- Productive Environment
- Strong company culture
- Delicious food in a beautiful restaurant!
The Prep Cook is one of the most important positions we have in the kitchen to ensure recipe adherence, quality control, and overall sanitation. As a prep cook, you will be the partner of the cooks and work closely with the opening managers to set up each shift for success. You will be cross trained in all recipes and work in a fast paced environment.
Once hired, you will be trained and tested in your area of expertise to ensure your capability and knowledge of the recipes, procedures, and quality components. You will be trained on our kitchen standards and you will contribute and excels in a team service environment. You will be responsible for following all company standards and guidelines, and performs opening, on-going, and closing side-work duties.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- 1 year experience in a support/prep cook role.
- High school graduate.
- Food handlers Card
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate verbal and written English with Guests, management and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of all cooking techniques which are required to prepare restaurant menu items.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of all preparation method/time, all ingredients and quality standards, appearance, texture, and temperature.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of food serving and preparation equipment.
- Ability to comprehend prep sheets
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complete opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Prepare necessary food items for meal period and next service.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Prep food for scheduled meal period.
- Follow supervisor's instruction.
- Alert Chef or Sous Chef as to any deficiencies of food items.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer