The Diet Clerk processes nutrition orders and food requests through the CBORD computer program to ensure that patients receive food, supplements and/or enteral feeding that are appealing, meet their nutrition needs and comply with the current nutrition order in the patient's medical record in EPIC. The Diet Clerk also processes meal requests and processes payment for guest meals. The Diet Clerk provides exemplary customer service to patients and other departments when requested by phone or fax.
- Processes orders from EPIC for diet changes, tube feedings, and nourishments, clarifying as needed with nursing and/or clinical dietetics staff, entering information into the CBORD application, with the generation of appropriate documents so the order can be met (reports, nourishment labels, etc.)
- Monitors diet orders and maintains adherence to the specified diet requirements to assure accuracy and adequacy of patient meals as indicated in the reference diet manual.
- Inputs, processes, and prints computer information which may include patient listing, reports, menus and nourishments.
- Performs clerical duties such as tallying regular and late tray counts, nourishment counts and other tray service information as needed and recording floor supplies ordered from nursing units.
- Processes credit/debit card payments for guest meals.
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously, responds appropriately. Records data received and directs to appropriate person or area.
- Takes patient and guest orders for meal selections. Follows diet compliances and is able to evaluate meal selections for adherence to special diet restrictions.
- Prioritizes patient requests and responds promptly. Communicates special needs/problems to the Dietitian, Diet Technician, Food Service Supervisor or Clinical Nutrition Operations Manager.
High School diploma or GED equivalent. Computer experience preferred. Gold Level National Career Readiness Certification preferred. Previous call center experience and/or healthcare food service experience preferred.