Superhost Hospitality is seeking a Director of Sales for our brand new Home2 Suites by Hilton located in the Hamburg area of Lexington, KY. Our Mission is to produce an outstanding guest experience by utilizing the talents and expertise of our associates.
Are prospecting, qualifying and closing business your favorite words? If you answered yes to those questions and if you are committed to excellence in hospitality, then we want you to join our team!
This is a great opportunity in itself, but there is great potential for this position to quickly become Area Director of Sales with Multi-property responsibilities.
The Director of Sales will...
- Be responsible for putting Heads in Beds (at a good rate)! Easy Peasy.
- Assist in management and achievement of top line room revenue budget.
- Work with the GM on the creation of the annual occupancy/room revenue budget.
- Work with GM and Revenue Management on maximizing rates for Group, Special Event, Corporate Negotiated and Transient business throughout the year.
- Participate in all Revenue Management Calls.
- Monitor hotels progress towards achieving annual budget and growing RevPAR Index.
- Maintain relations with the local CVB, Chamber of Commerce, and key Corporate Client Travel Agencies.
- Continual search for new business for the Hotel.
- Communicate in-house groups needs to the team via BEOs, Sales Contracts, and Group Resumes.
- Utilize and be proficient with Delphi, Hotelligence and STR reports.
- Ensure Delphi is being properly utilized and all required data is being entered and maintained.
- Arrange/conduct on-site inspections/visits and meetings with prospective clients
- Maintain open communications and professional relationship with all Hotel departments.
- Provide continual training and development for Sales staff including prospecting methods, sales strategies/tactics, closing the deal, site presentations, rate negotiations, customer service, account maintenance and other Sales related subjects.
- Ability to learn and operate the hotels PMS.
- Provide service recovery to groups/events as may be required.
- And of course, other duties as assigned by the General Manager
Desired Qualifications and Skills for the Sales Manager position include but are not limited to:
- One year minimum Sales Manager experience
- Experience with extended-stay hotels and/or Hilton brands a plus
- Demonstrate ability to achieve Hotel's Financial Targets/Goals
- Outgoing Personality and a Passion for Hospitality
- Proactive sales approach; assertive and driven to succeed
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team to deliver exceptional customer service
- Always maintains a professional image through appearance and dress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with clients and hotel staff
- Organizational/time management skills, with the ability to successfully multi-task assignments.