The District Manager is responsible for overall restaurant performance and financial management including analyzing trends, reducing turnover, maximizing profits, and building sales. The District Manager will also be accountable for developing, establishing, and coaching company initiatives in support of operations excellence and outstanding guest service.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the General and Assistant Managers by delegating key responsibilities, identifying improvement opportunities, defining priorities, and building commitment to the company's vision and values to ensure a culture that fosters growth and development.
- Actively involved with recruiting, hiring, and developing management teams and maintaining a strong bench strength through new hires and internal promotions.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with the Vice President of Operations and upper management.
- Actively manages their calendar and sets priorities by evaluating restaurant and company needs, active projects, financial responsibilities, and restaurant performance.
- Available for emails, calls, and support of restaurant teams and emergency support as needed.
- Complete the daily compares and analysis of compares.
- Lead the implementation of company initiatives by working with the Vice President of Operations and other corporate personal.
- Manage the P&L by tracking expenses vs. budget, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Ensure all restaurant's follow FRCG's operational policies and procedures.
- Understands and upholds the company Harassment policy and ensures it is reported and handled appropriately with the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Lead the development of area succession plans by evaluating open opportunities, assessing internal talent and partnering with Vice President of Human Resources on recruiting efforts.
- Provide coaching and feedback to Restaurant Managers and assess performance on an ongoing basis.
- Follow up on PDP plans for Managers in your district to ensure their growth and development.
- Lead a positive team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and restaurant accomplishments.
- Lead the area with integrity and knowledge that promotes the culture and beliefs of FRCG.
- Complete weekly and period end wraps ups and accountability of goals to budget.
- Complete Quarterly Market & store performance reviews.
- Facility maintenance tracking and communication to CEO and Vice President of Operations.
- Security updates completed each period and communicated to Vice President of Human Resources.
- Actively involved in daily operations in all hour and management positions in stores within your District
- Able to work side by side with store management to effectively run a shift and give support as necessary.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Customer Service - manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Quality Control - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance
- Quantity - meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment and flexible to the re-prioritizing activities
- Experience in Franchisee/Franchisor environment (multi-unit / multi-state)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years minimum of multi-unit operations
- Ability to work with high level of integrity, positive attitude, and with little supervision
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Service and team-oriented, with keen attention to detail.
- Must have friendly and outgoing personality and demeanor
- Able to perform physical requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 100% Ability to communicate clearly in English
- 100% Walk and stand for long periods of time (6-12 hours)
- 80% Reach, bend, stoop, wipe and lift up to 60lbs
- Able to drive to business locations via their personal vehicle within 8 to 10 hours of home location.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Franchise Restaurant Concept Group is proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Questions - Contact Cauley Schaffert, Vice President of Human Resources & Talent Strategy