21c Museum Hotels is committed to the Health and Safety of our teammates and guests. We have collaborated with top physicians in the fight against COVID-19 to revise our already stringent cleaning protocols to providing the safest workplace as possible. These new protocols include:
- Social Distancing: We have added signage throughout our properties to encourage distancing among our teammates and guests. We have also spaced our various fixtures within our properties, such as tables in our restaurants to encourage safe distancing.
- Required Use of Masks: Teammates and guests alike are required to wear masks at all times while in public spaces within our properties. Masks must cover the nose and mouth.
- Health Screenings: All teammates and guests are required to go through a brief health screening process before entering our properties, this includes touchless temperature checks and a health questionnaire about possible exposure as well as symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of our public spaces, particularly of those high-touch areas, such as door handles, handrails and elevator buttons.
- Frequent Hand Washing: All teammates are required to wash their hands frequently for at least 20 seconds while working. We have also increased the number of hand sanitizer stations throughout our property to prevent the spread of germs or other contaminants.
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Manager
General Purpose: Cleans and prepares public areas according to an established standard of cleaning to assure guest satisfaction and the overall appearance of the property.
- Retrieves items from shelves and storerooms, set up cleaning cart with supplies for daily use, constantly organizing carts, and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas, and hallways, in order to maintain a clean and presentable facility at all times.
- Uses ladders or stools occasionally to clean hard to reach areas.
- Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls.
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities. Restocks literature that has been removed or soiled by previous guests.
- Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas. Floor cleaning to include mopping and buffing of floors as well stripping and waxing of floors as assigned or needed.
- Dust and polish all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners.
- Vacuums rooms, public areas and hallways, operating vacuums weighing up to 25lbs., and lifting/moving heavy furniture in order to vacuum entire area of carpet including underneath furniture and hard to reach areas.
- Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Assists other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
- Must be able to maneuver fully loaded maid cart, weighing up to 50lbs., through hallways and into/out of closets during entire work day.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to bend down and get on and off floor numerous times per day.
- Must pass a background check.
- Experience a plus, but not required.
21c Museum Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: