Beach Vacations is in search of a Sales Development Representative to help grow the property management business divisions in both long and short-term rentals. The Sales Development Representative is the driving force behind generating new sales leads and converting management contacts; with success in those arenas, this team member is a first-line asset to our company. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to meet sales goals, professional and communicative.
This position's responsibilities are to grow and identify sales leads, promote rental program and execute sales and marketing campaigns. While building and maintaining relationships with new and existing contacts, you will be our liaison from making contacts for rental management with meeting the inventory growth goals for Beach Vacation's & its sister rental divisions to become the market leading company for vacation and annual rental management needs.
This position reports to an Operations and Business Development Manager and will be based in Myrtle Beach, SC. Office space is available for candidates and does require property site-visits and attending marketing events as part of the job.
Open to candidates with to begin with part-time schedule; minimum 20 hours a week.
What You'll Do:
- Generate sales leads and sign management contracts driving the growth of Beach Vacation's business units with the goal of building Beach Vacation's into the largest and most respected vacation rental management firm in the area.
- Drive business development activities that supplement Myrtle Beach and Charleston-based marketing and lead generation efforts to build a consistent and growing opportunity pipeline, such as cold calling, direct mail campaigns, lead list research and importing, email marketing, mail campaigns, and local networking.
- Follow up on new business opportunities with one-on-one interaction within the Grand Strand market
- Cross-sell with sister entities for master portfolio of management services
- Cold-call, message and generate lead system from new and existing homeowners
- Maintain homeowner and property information as well as sales activity accurately in sales management system (CRM) and report on sales performance data including key performance criteria as identified by the Executive Team.
- Possess knowledge of municipal and association zoning and rental regulation terms to pinpoint opportunity zones for rental management
- Upkeep current research files on competitive landscape of rental management in the market, including mergers, property sales, new developments and homeowner association and on-site management relations at key properties
- Learn Beach Vacation's systems, pitch and processes in order to communicate relevant information to potential customers and to local and national operations teams when needed (i.e. Dynamics, project management software, email marketing, Paragon, MLS systems, county property tax records, property management systems, etc).
- Work in tandem with internal local operations and homeowner services teams, and occasionally take on tasks when needed to ensure positive guest and owner experiences.
- Develop and maintain at top 50 property acquisition list for each market
- Attend HOA meetings, open houses for target real estate listings and development openings
What You'll Bring:
- Self-starter character who can take direction and run.
- Integrity, honesty and service-first attitude.
- Hunter, sleuth and investigative research abilities to uncover leads and qualify opportunities.
- Highly motivated to meet and exceed sales compensation goals
- A minimum of three years of consultative outside sales experience.
- Understanding of short-term rental industry and navigation of OTAs (online travel agencies) such as Airbnb and VRBO.
- Proven track record of consultative sales success; outside sales experience preferred.
- General knowledge and understanding of the Myrtle Beach market (events, seasons, neighborhoods, connections with homeowners, mortgage, insurance brokers, home services ecosystem property management companies, etc).
- Experience in the vacation rental industry, real estate development or sales, hospitality, travel or SaaS sales is required. Front line hospitality service is the root of our organization.
- Motivation to work with a small, entrepreneurial team in a fast-growing company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Self-motivated, problem-solving, hard-working individual style to establish and achieve specific goals in a dynamic start-up environment with changing product and little oversight.
- Experience with sales management systems (ideally Microsoft Dynamics), generally technology savvy and proficiency with Google Suite, MLSs, GISs, MS Office and related software.
- Professional appearance, personal vehicle with valid SC driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and stand, sit for up up to 3 hours. Working hours are flexible but requires at work in office during business hours, as well as in evenings, nights, and weekends as sales events and activity requires to meet sales goals.
Apply: Submit resume and tell us why you're the right person for this job to
Hourly pay + commission based on experience. Health and vision benefits, PTO, 401(K) matching offered for full-time employees after ramp-up period, flexible schedule.