Regional Sales Manager - Food Service - California
Dr. Praeger's Sensible Foods is a fast-growing, family-owned leader in the natural plant-based frozen food industry. Our team likes to move fast, work hard, get things done and have a great time doing it. We're looking for like-minded individuals who love the food industry, are passionate about their careers, respect other people and the planet, thrive in a little bit of chaos and like to help others succeed.
Regional Sales Manager - Food Service. The Regional Sales Manager for this role will have a background in food service and will be accountable for sales strategies that maximize growth of Dr. Praeger's products in all segments of the Food Service channel. This "hands-on" sales leader will take responsibility for growing the footprint for the Food Service brand as the company seeks to be a dominant player in natural plant based frozen food space.
- Deliver sales growth and market dominance by strengthening penetration in all key accounts and distributors. This will be accomplished by the development of close relationships with all key customers, determining operator needs, maintaining a strong Dr. Prager's visibility and aggressive sales effort on current and new products. Prepares for and conducts operator customer cold calls as needed. Discovers and develops new business and sales opportunities. The Regional Sales Manager controls all elements of the sales process from sales presentations, targeting, direction, and forecasting, and broker relationships within their zone.
- Deliver and exceed profitability targets for their area. This will be accomplished by managing all aspects of profit contribution including sales levels, selling expenses, marketing expenses, product mix, billing deviations, and promotion dollars.
- Manages and develops broker network to drive results. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the management and strengthening of the broker networks in their area. Develop a close relationship with brokers and treat them as partners and will be responsible for giving the broker clear targets and objectives, letting them know our product priorities and making sure they know what our expectations are for product presentations and trade shows. This would include both the top broker management as well as field personnel. The Regional Sales Manager is
- Maintains strong communication and interaction with the rest of Dr Praeger's Sales Managers: With the crossover of many major chains, operators, and distributors between regional areas.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Identify and close potential targets; including new distribution, new FS channels, regional chains, buying groups and street business.
- Identify new market opportunities to grow revenues, margins and impact.
- Provide a tracker of all organizational product development opportunities.
- Ensure there is a brief and timeline in place for all active projects.
- Follow up with VP-FS and other stakeholders to keep projects on track.
- Communicate status and changes in direction to the organization as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain document library for each project
- Develop best-in-class relationships with customers, sales, and internal team members. Be prepared monthly to discuss all projects with cross functional team. Maintain agendas and meeting notes.
- Continually scan the competitive and market landscape and provide insights with regard to risks and opportunities.
We're seeking a professional that resides in California with a minimum of 5+ years of sales experience in foodservices. This successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to use relationship-building skills at all levels.
The successful candidate must be self-sufficient but a team player, a leader and a hands-on doer, a strategic thinker with an orientation to detail and ability to get "hands dirty" and a joy of being a part of the solution. This is someone who works hard and has fun doing so. The ideal candidate will have a background that includes evidence of:
- Being entrepreneurial: Work and engage with team as a stakeholder
- Being a communicator.
- Being a market maker. Demonstrated successful revenue-creation experiences.
- Innovation. Innovative thinking and execution that complement keen problem- solving capabilities.
- Collaboration. Collaborative approaches to problem solving and innovation
- Flexibility. The ability to adapt to and manage change in a dynamic business environment.
Required qualities and qualifications include:
- A degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Knowledge of the Plant Based industry is a plus.
- Proven ability to develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales volume and margin growth.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation, decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, Excel, Power point, Word
- Effective self-management and accountability.
- High ethical standards, including honesty and transparency.
What We Have To Offer You:
The opportunity to build a more sustainable future by changing the way people eat protein!
Professional and career development opportunities as part of a growing organization.
Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
401k plan + company match