Catering Associate AdventHealth Carrollwood Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614 Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time/12-hour shifts (6:30am-6:30pm) Every Other Weekend Required You Will Be Responsible For:
- Collects and processes diet order information from patients in to the computerized system.
- Takes patients menu selections prior to each meal.
- Complies with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations.
- Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections.
- Assembles trays according to patients menu on tray tickets in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interacts with Nursing to ensure patients' diet prescriptions are accurate, and patients' food needs are met.
- Completes catering rounds after passing trays to inquire if patient needs anything else.
- Retrieves trays from patients' rooms shortly after completing round.
- Maintains accurate and current information for each patient on assigned unit(s).
- Assists dietitian with monitoring of patients who are NPO, on liquid diets or have a calorie count ordered.
- Communicates any patient related problems/concerns to appropriate personnel, in a timely manner following departmental procedures.
- Wears name tag identification.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient's rights policy as outlined in the facility's HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Contributes to patient satisfaction goals by providing quality service.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Follows HACCP guidelines when assembling and distributing food supplies to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
- Identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets.
- Utilizes equipment in performing job functions according to department's safety procedures.
- Follows facility and departmental safety policies and procedures to include incident reporting.
- Follows facility and departmental infection control policies and procedures.
- Follows the facility's protocols for Hazardous Materials and Waste Program.
- Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in disaster drills, as appropriate.
- Adheres to Life Safety Program and participates in fire drills as appropriate.
- Responds to utility failures following department guidelines.
- Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff development programs, as appropriate.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients, and visitors.
- Reads and complies with all policies and procedures of Morrison and Compass as appropriate.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, families and associates of the organization.
- Ability to communicate in a clear polite manner to patients, staff, and visitors.
- Basic math, reading and language skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio, and percent.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of diets within 90 days of hire.
- Computer skills in order to effectively operate hospital CBORD system and other computer based systems which manage patient care records.
- High School diploma or GED, OR min 3 years of food service experience may be accepted in place of Education
Job Summary: Responsible for patient food service on assigned units, e.g., menu selections. Collects and processes diet order information from patients into the computerized system for processing and preparation of menus and special requests. Performs tray assembly, tray delivery and tray pick ups in-between meal food delivery.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.