The Group Sales Manager is responsible for representing the company to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in the assigned market. Listen to customer needs, analyze this information and create tailored proposals. Negotiate and close sales while meeting/exceeding sales targets. Impress customers with tailored proposals, quality, and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner. Work with management throughout the hotel and the Company. Comply with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags, and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable of hotel facilities and services. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand, and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices, and regulations.
- Professionally approach and communicate with current and prospective customers.
- Knowledgeable on market, positioning of hotel, amenities, and brand.
- Understand booking patterns, trends, high-demand times, and events in the market. Convey a strong belief in the hotel and confidently discuss hotel features, services, and advantages.
- Research and understand demand generators, new business sources, the internet as a prospecting tool, community involvement, and networking.
- Research each customer's business, hospitality needs, identify who to talk to and how to get sales closed. Monitor customer preferences to determine the focus of sales efforts.
- Research and identify new business opportunities for the hotel including reaching out to event planners and staying abreast of local events.
- Represent the Company at trade association meetings to promote the hotel.
- Exercise creativity, discretion, and independent judgment in determining how to assemble an event to suit each customer's taste.
- Give full attention to what customers are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Conduct site visits and prepares original, creative proposals tailored to address the needs of and to impress the customer. Develop solutions to any cost concerns and resolve any challenges or problems.
- Aggressively pursue all appropriate opportunities for customer solicitation and relationship building. Aggressively engage in creative networking, uncovering and cold calling prospective clients to generate activity for future business.
- Negotiate terms and reconcile differences. Develop contingency plans and act promptly and effectively when closing problems arise. Recognize customers for loyalty and/or accept feedback. Identify and secure business to fit the yield strategy.
- Sell to fill need dates. Sell and upsell hotel services to meet/exceed sales and financial objectives. Capture all profitable business.
- Attain/exceed sales goals and profitability. Directly responsible for achieving production numbers established by booking goals and outside sales activities.
- As appropriate, meet the customer at the event, ensure proper event set-up and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the compilation of required sales reports and reporting process.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all sales and transactions.
- Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide management with accurate information and comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year college degree in hospitality management, marketing, business, or related degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 or more years of sales-related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred. Ability to travel locally
HOTEL DROVER OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING:
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
- Workplace culture with heart and soul
- Wellbeing benefits you and your family
- Paid time off
- Career experience of a lifetime
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Hit the Mark, Every Time
- Blaze New Trails
- Spark Warmth
- Be Intentional
- Honor All
- Do Right
- Stay Curious